Stuart Immonen tweeted something this morning that I didn’t understand:
I’ve got this terrible fucking habit of contiguous tangents in abutting panels. Some hilarious ones in FI. You’d think I’d notice by now!
I (rather sheepishly, alas) confessed my ignorance; I wasn’t familiar with the term “tangent” used in an art context.
He was kind enough to explain:
basically you get two images which are separated by a border but they read as one image. So you get a head on a wrong body etc
Ah ha! This is a thing I’ve seen, but I wasn’t aware there was a term for it. So, yay — gettin’ educated.
Felipe Sobreiro also chimed in with the link to Schweizer’s guide that points out several other tangents to avoid.
As a writer and fan of comic books, I love reading thoughts from writers and artists I admire about how they do things. Thanks for sharing, KS!
- pdc reblogged this from wilwheaton
- cranberryflags likes this
- travellyr reblogged this from wilwheaton
- farmpuma likes this
- dovryn reblogged this from wilwheaton and added:
- bakafox likes this
- fyeahfluffy likes this
- pariahsdream likes this
- redstarconverse likes this
- marvous reblogged this from wilwheaton
- jaded-empath likes this
- bluebottlewittering likes this
- linusinhats likes this
- notfarnow likes this
- justice-turtle likes this
- scottytier likes this
- sergeantearlgrey reblogged this from wilwheaton
- massive-hammers likes this
- dovryn likes this
- lordmoonbeam likes this
- sirhellsing420 likes this
- anthogna likes this
- citicenx likes this
- eddiescouch reblogged this from wilwheaton
- biichama likes this
- invisiblelad likes this
- wilwheaton reblogged this from kellysue and added:
- gustave-flowbert likes this
- doctordisaster likes this
- kellysue posted this